Stimulate RA is a retinoid serum formulated with the active form of vitamin A called retin-al or retinaldehyde. Retinal is well studied to decrease skin inflammation, stimulate the production of collagen, elastin, hyaluronic acid, regulate melanin and increase the cellular turnover of the epidermis.
Hence, Vitamin A is known as a skin superhero and can be useful for a range of dermatological skin conditions such as melasma/pigmentation, sun damage, anti-ageing, acne/breakouts, skin inflammation and repairing damaged skin barriers.
“Starting Retinal/Retinol in your early 20s along with consistent sun protection will delay injectable treatments for lines & wrinkles” –Dr A Haq (Cosmedocs Harley Street)
Retinol studied extensively, is irritating to the skin—however, some individuals like that as it causes exfoliation. Retinal is a new advent to skincare due to improved technology to stabilise this molecule. Retinal would cause mild exfoliation; clinical efficacy is similar if not superior.
- Retin-Aldehyde 0.1% (Retinal)
- Tocopheryl acetate (Vitamin E)
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
- Carnitine (L)
- Multiple natural lightweight oils
- Triglyceride (Caprylic)
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Cyclodextrin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Gluconolactone, Carnitine (L), Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Retinal (Retinaldehyde), Phenylethyl Resorcinol, Bisabolol (L-alpha), Porphyra Umbilicalis (Red Algae) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (D-alpha), Rubus Chamaemorus (Cloud Berry) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Michelia Alba (Magnolia) Flower Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil*, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Sodium Lactate, Lecithin, Alcohol, Pentylene Glycol, Maltodextrin, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzoate
Tips & Suggestions
- A retinoid at night and L-ascorbic acid in the morning is probably 75%+ of required skincare needs for multiple skin indications including anti-ageing.
- Use of an active such as retinoid after a skin exfoliant enhances penetration.
Place 2-3 pumps into the palm and apply to the face and neck in an upward motion unless otherwise instructed by your physician/skin therapist.
- Retinoids are known to cause irritation, dryness, flaking and redness for 4-6 weeks on the average while skin develops tolerance – push through sensibly.
- Some parts of the face may lighten before others.
- Discontinue if above symptoms persist.
- Do not ingest or use on damaged or broken skin.
- Not recommended for use in pregnancy
- Retinoids will increase sensitivity to the sun. Sun protection is recommended during use and at least six weeks after.
- Patch test recommended
- It is not recommended as an acne treatment unless instructed by your physician.
- Acne-prone skin may experience an increase in breakouts initially.
Free Skin Consultation
Get your CosmeDocs Free Skin Consult.
(no makeup, no filter, in daylight outdoors)
Skin Advisor By Cosmetic Doctors
HSF Blogs & News
Use #harleystreetformulations To share your skincare favourites
I have been using Stimulate RA for past two months and I am amazed at how it has transformed my skin. It has become tighter, healthier and radiant. I can clearly feel and see the difference in my skin. I highly recommend using this wonderful serum in your skin care routine.