Stimulate RE is a dual retinoid cream formulated with Retinol at 0.5% as well as a retinol ester called Retinyl Palmitate. The formulation is supported with tocopherol (vitamin E), multiple moisturiser, ceramides and skin calming agents as Retinol is known to cause irritation and dryness to the skin. Ceramides are waxy lipid molecules that exist between cells in the skin.
For sensitive skin types, we recommend Stimulate RA (Retin-al). Retinol is well studied to decrease skin inflammation, stimulate the production of collagen, elastin, hyaluronic acid, regulate melanin and increase the cellular turnover of the epidermis.
Vitamin A is known as a skin “superhero” and as it can be useful for a range of dermatological skin conditions such as melasma/pigmentation, sun damage, anti-ageing, acne/breakouts, skin inflammation and repairing the damaged skin barrier.
4.0 – 4.5
Recommended Skin Type
All except very sensitive types
- Retinol 0.5% encapsulated
- Retinyl Palmitate
Supporting Ingredient (s)
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Jojoba Seed Oil
Water (Aqua), Carthamus Tinctorius Seed Oil, Cyclopentasiloxane, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Retinyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 60, Squalane, Retinol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol, Dimethicone, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 isoparaffin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Laureth-7, Glycerin, Polysorbate-20, Cetyl Palmitate, Laureth-23, Trideceth-6 Phosphate, Triethanolamine, Ceramide-3, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.
Tips & Suggestions
- A retinoid at night to Stimulate and L-ascorbic acid to Revitalise the skin in the morning is probably 75%+ of required skincare needs for multiple indications including anti-ageing.
- Use of a skin exfoliant (AHAs – glycolic/lactic, etc.) enhances penetration of actives such as retinoids.
- 1-2 drop of multi-peptide serum AM/PM not only improves your active ingredient regime but provides concentrated hyaluronic acid moisturising requiring no need for another product.
Apply a thin layer to the skin at night and allow to dry.
This product may increase your skin’s sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterwards.
- Retinoids are known to cause irritation, dryness, flaking and redness for 4-6 weeks on the average while skin develops tolerance – push through sensibly. If still not tolerant, try retinal or move to a weak derivative like retinol esters; but please continue using some form of vitamin A!
- Some parts of the face may lighten before others.
- Discontinue if above symptoms persist.
- Do not ingest or use on damaged or broken skin.
- Not recommended for use in pregnancy
- Retinoids will increase sensitivity to the sun. Sun protection is recommended during use and at least six weeks after.
- Patch test recommended
- It is not recommended as an acne treatment unless instructed by your physician.
- Acne-prone skin may experience an increase in breakouts initially.