Stimulate RA is a retinoid serum formulated with the active form of vitamin A called retin-al or retinaldehyde. Retinal is well studied to decrease skin inflammation, stimulate the production of collagen, elastin, hyaluronic acid, regulate melanin and increase the cellular turnover of the epidermis.
Hence, Vitamin A is known as a skin superhero and can be useful for a range of dermatological skin conditions such as melasma/pigmentation, sun damage, anti-ageing, acne/breakouts, skin inflammation and repairing damaged skin barriers.
“Starting Retinal/Retinol in your early 20s along with consistent sun protection will delay injectable treatments for lines & wrinkles” –Dr A Haq (Cosmedocs Harley Street)
Retinol studied extensively, is irritating to the skin—however, some individuals like that as it causes exfoliation. Retinal is a new advent to skincare due to improved technology to stabilise this molecule. Retinal would cause mild exfoliation; clinical efficacy is similar if not superior.
- Retin-Aldehyde 0.1% (Retinal)
- Tocopheryl acetate (Vitamin E)
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3)
- Carnitine (L)
- Multiple natural lightweight oils
- Triglyceride (Caprylic)
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice*, Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Cyclodextrin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Gluconolactone, Carnitine (L), Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Retinal (Retinaldehyde), Phenylethyl Resorcinol, Bisabolol (L-alpha), Porphyra Umbilicalis (Red Algae) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate (D-alpha), Rubus Chamaemorus (Cloud Berry) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Michelia Alba (Magnolia) Flower Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil*, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Sodium Lactate, Lecithin, Alcohol, Pentylene Glycol, Maltodextrin, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Benzoate
Tips & Suggestions
- A retinoid at night and L-ascorbic acid in the morning is probably 75%+ of required skincare needs for multiple skin indications including anti-ageing.
- Use of an active such as retinoid after a skin exfoliant enhances penetration.
Place 2-3 pumps into the palm and apply to the face and neck in an upward motion unless otherwise instructed by your physician/skin therapist.
- Retinoids are known to cause irritation, dryness, flaking and redness for 4-6 weeks on the average while skin develops tolerance – push through sensibly.
- Some parts of the face may lighten before others.
- Discontinue if above symptoms persist.
- Do not ingest or use on damaged or broken skin.
- Not recommended for use in pregnancy
- Retinoids will increase sensitivity to the sun. Sun protection is recommended during use and at least six weeks after.
- Patch test recommended
- It is not recommended as an acne treatment unless instructed by your physician.
- Acne-prone skin may experience an increase in breakouts initially.